Not In Removal Proceedings
Step 1: File an Application
- You must be present in the US or port of entry
- The application must be filed within a year of entry (*exceptions apply).
- You must have credible fear of future persecution or experienced persecution in the past.
Step 2: Interview
- Passed Congratulations
Referral to the court:
- Master Hearing (might be several)
- Individual Hearing
- Granted Congratulations
First Time in Removal:
- File Asylum as a defense from removal
- Individual hearing
- Arriving Alien and Visa Waiver Overstay: credible fear determination first
In Removal Proceedings
Step 1: *Reinstatement of prior removals:
- Must state that you have a fear of returning to your country.
Step 2: Credible Fear Interview
- Asylee must prove reasonable fear of persecution or torture.
- Passed May apply for withholding (maybe asylum)
- Failed Be Removed or Request review by the judge
Asylum: Lawyer's Publications
US immigrationlawyer: Author: US Immigration lawyer Alena Shautsova US Immigration lawyer Alena Shautsova helps clients to find solutions for their US Immigration challenges. A humanitarian parole can be used to bring the US an individual who otherwise does ...
US immigrationlawyer: Author: New York Immigration Lawyer Alena Shautsova From their first days in the office, the Biden administration vowed to change the US Immigration system for the better: to make it more “user friendly” or accessible, to restore trust...
US immigrationlawyer: Author: USA Immigration Lawyer Alena Shautsova NYC Immigration lawyer Alena Shautsova provided a summary of Trump’s recent Immigration proclamations. On June 22, 2020, President Trump signed a new Immigration proclamation that effective...
US immigrationlawyer: Author: NYC immigration lawyer ALENA SHAUTSOVA NYC immigration lawyer Alena Shautsova helps non-citizens to obtain a waiver of inadmissibility in connection with criminal convictions that are affecting one’s application for adjustment of s...