Not In Removal Proceedings
Step 1: File an Application
- You must be present in the US or port of entry
- The application must be filed within a year of entry (*exceptions apply).
- You must have credible fear of future persecution or experienced persecution in the past.
Step 2: Interview
- Passed Congratulations
Referral to the court:
- Master Hearing (might be several)
- Individual Hearing
- Granted Congratulations
First Time in Removal:
- File Asylum as a defense from removal
- Individual hearing
- Arriving Alien and Visa Waiver Overstay: credible fear determination first
In Removal Proceedings
Step 1: *Reinstatement of prior removals:
- Must state that you have a fear of returning to your country.
Step 2: Credible Fear Interview
- Asylee must prove reasonable fear of persecution or torture.
- Passed May apply for withholding (maybe asylum)
- Failed Be Removed or Request review by the judge
Asylum: Lawyer's Publications
US immigrationlawyer: Author: USA Immigration Lawyer Alena Shautsova NYC Immigration lawyer Alena Shautsova provided a summary of Trump’s recent Immigration proclamations. On June 22, 2020, President Trump signed a new Immigration proclamation that effective...
US immigrationlawyer: Author: NYC immigration lawyer ALENA SHAUTSOVA NYC immigration lawyer Alena Shautsova helps non-citizens to obtain a waiver of inadmissibility in connection with criminal convictions that are affecting one’s application for adjustment of s...
US immigrationlawyer: Author: NYC Immigration Lawyer Alena Shautsova On April 22, 2020, President Trump signed an executive order restricting immigration into the United States for 60 days starting April 23, 2020, at 12 pm. The following classes of immigrants ...
US immigrationlawyer: Author: New York Immigration lawyer Alena Shautsova COVID-19 definitely altered our lives and plans. Now, here I give you help and practical tips that will save you time, money and potentially our Immigration US status. 1. What to Do if Y...